So what makes up CrossFit programming? Well the basis or fundamentals are designed with focus on improving your capacity in ten recognized fitness domains:
- Cardio-Respiratory Endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility – The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Portions adapted from and courtesy of CrossFit.